***NOTE*** This is a post geared towards businesses. However, it is a great tutorial on how consumers can make sure they are seeing all of their friends posts as well.
A few years back Facebook was a great place to post your content and updates and everyone on your business fan page would see your posts.
Fast forward some time and Facebook decided to move towards pretty much a “pay-to-play” system.
Though this is still an excellent platform to reach your existing and new customers it can become costly if you don’t know how to maneuver the ads manager or power editor to advertise properly.
Well, there’s some good news. Last month Facebook rolled out some new news feed settings that could allow your Facebook fan page posts to go a little further organically.
These new changes will allow users to:
- Choose which Fan Pages they want to “SEE FIRST” in their news feed (THIS IS HUGE FOR BUSINESSES)
- Select which friends and pages they want to follow and unfollow
- Discover new pages based on the content they have interacted with in the past.
These settings were first launched on the Apple iOS app and has now been released on desktop. The android app doesn’t have the “SEE FIRST” OPTION
WHAT SHOULD BUSINESSES DO?
To help your Facebook posts go further organically it’s now time to tell your followers how to add YOUR business page into their news feed so they see your all important posts first in their news feed.
Educate your followers on the importance of your posts and how they don’t want to miss out on anything.
HOW TO CHANGE SETTINGS ON YOUR DESKTOP
Here are the steps to follow to change a fan page to the “SEE FIRST” setting:
- Click the drop down option
- Select “New Feed Preferences”
- Select “Pages” on the left side
- Go through the pages you like and change the settings to “SEE FIRST” for the pages you don’t want to miss a post from.
HOW TO CHANGE SETTINGS ON ANDROID
At the moment, Android phones don’t have the full feature setting options to change all of your news feed preferences all in one place.
Unfortunately, you will have to go to each page that you want to see their posts first one by one.
But it’s worth it for those special pages that you don’t want to miss an offer, contest, free giveaway, or the latest tip.
Below are the steps to take to make a fan page appear first in your news feed:
- In the Facebook App, click the “MORE” options button
- Select the “FOLLOWING” option
- Select “SEE FIRST”
LIKE THIS CONTENT?
SHARE THIS CONTENT WITH YOUR FRIENDS SO THEY DON’T MISS ANY OF YOUR FACEBOOK POSTS